A Stone's Throw Reality
Philosophy Made Difficult

What could be the meaning of life?

Labels:
I have been wrestling with this question since time immemorial and each time I was being asked with this question, I always consigned to silence. I was afraid to say something since I was not really sure what the answer. I have been looking for answers and I have been through a lot of struggles just to find meaning in my existence but I was shunned by the overwhelming discovery I have made lately. I was not sure if that could be the meaning of life or not.

See the video below.




This may be true in the life of individuals but I bet there is something deeper than this. Love and responsibility in our ordinary life can be the starting point of our understanding of what life really means.

Nothingness has no place in the world filled with things than can manipulate and alienate us. If we are nothing we would not care about these things. But because we are worth something, and there is in us that make us higher that any other creature, there must be something higher meaning of us than anything else.

What could that meaning be? Can I find it in books and in my experience? Not really! They may help us realize the meaning of our existence but we cannot be sure subjectively that they are the meaning of life. We cannot be sure of anything because we are influenced by relativistic idea in every circumstance in life.
In school, at work or anywhere else, who can be certain? If these are not real, there must be something that is real.

Meaning of life is not to be found. It is being revealed and given to us. Life’s meaning is revealed to us by Someone higher than us, Someone who knows more than we know Him. This is very important to consider because we are finite and imperfect creature. We falter and we get sick and tired of things around. But one thing is for sure and I guess that somewhere in time and along the course of our life, the meaning of our existence will be revealed. Not to its fullness of course otherwise, there would no longer challenge in life.

Whether today, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow we can somehow know the importance of seeking that meaning. Probably when we are in the realm of pure consciousness that we can grasp what it means to be in this wonderful world world. Sure enough the video is right. Life is a journey and it is like a music that we need to sing. Perhaps consider asking yourself, what could be the meaning of my life?
2 comments:

hmm... wat i dnt really know..


A lovely post...

Without a lengthy explanation, I'm not sure that I can rule out that one can't "find" the meaning of (one's) life. But what I do know for sure is that the meaning of (your) life can indeed find you...(if you have opened eyes, ears and heart!)

Thank you for the post.

Happy Turkey Day!
Louise Lewis, author
"No Experts Needed: The Meaning of Life According to YOU!"

Your FREE e-book at:
www.noexpertsneeded.com
(Simply my way of 'giving back'...)


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers


Recent Posts