A Stone's Throw Reality
Philosophy Made Difficult

Anti-Virus: a virus Itself

Labels:
Today I was very upset when I opened my other computer. I thought the computer system was joking on giving warnings about Spywares, computer worms and other suspicious files but apparently were true. As soon as I opened the internet explorer, the security toolbar 7.1 appeared. The name was very catchy and I thought it was part of the internet explorer tools to run my computer safely. Opening my homepage, it directed me to other page such as windows anti-virus 2008, a Spyware online removal.

The most upsetting web page was the Dr. Anti Spy. It kept showing the warning message that my computer was seriously infected with virus and it needed to be scanned and cleaned up. The other one is Securefires website which offers an online scan and stuff. I was really pissed off and I did not know what to do. My other computer is very old Windows XP SP 1 and I had to update the system into XP SP2 in order to install Norton Anti-Virus 2009.

Before I was able to install Norton 2009, I benefited from Google-pack Spyware Doctor which removed some spywares from my computer. The next thing I did was to run windows update to install XP SP2 so that I can install Norton AntiVirus 2009. I was able to install it and now my other computer runs well. I rarely use that other computer with an expired anti-virus protection. Maybe that is why it got infected.

I am not good at computers and other gadgets but I just wanted to remind you to take care of your computer. There are a lot of intruders out there who wants to steal information from you and much less to say, your identity. To avoid this, keep your trusted antivirus going and update it always because you'll never know when this cyber-enemies come to attack your computer.


2 comments:

Ayos ni na post. tama jud daghan kau mga intruders online na pwede magdaot sa mga computers. Most of the time they tried to deceive the system in order to make an unsuspected attacks.

Great post!


Mao jud bai... hapit jud naguba akoa computer, maayo namatikdan nako dayon.


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers


Recent Posts