A Stone's Throw Reality
Philosophy Made Difficult

Courtship

Labels:

Attraction to the opposite sex is a wonderful thing the Author of Life has put in the human heart. It is there in the heart and we can feel it i.e. it generates likes and dislikes; attractions to the opposite sex. Self expression is based on what we feel. And this is what defines sexuality and our sexual orientation toward others.

I remember when I was younger and beginning to feel these changes in my self. The most unforgettable part was when I courted a young lady at school. It was an experience of not knowing what to do. I devised my personality to cope with the situation and sometimes I would change my personality to express my feelings to her. At first I thought it was just an infatuation in terms of sexual thing but I was wrong. I gradually thought it was an admiration and a feeling for her more than normal.

I have experienced tremendous feelings of expectation, joy and gladness just to have a glimpse of her. My desire was to tell her what I felt and the only word so long to hear was an answer to the question, “Will you be my girlfriend?” The sweetness and calmness of feelings run through all my veins and rested in the sanctuary of my heart. The heart beats were tremendous and they spoke more than any words can tell. I was like being transported into the land where people do not hate, where love is the language. So much happiness I experienced and I thought it was forever.

I have learned humility out of the encounter. Humility brings honesty from my heart to say the words “I love you”. To admit the feelings and say it to the person takes courage to do it. When she finally said “yes” my small world was shaking and my first thought was to bring her right into it where I can be alone with her. It was the most intense happiness I have experienced

I was in a rush to possess her thinking that there are intruders lurking around to snatch her away from me. Humanly speaking, jealousy overtook my feelings and I was not sure if it was right or wrong. The pain that love entails was incomprehensible. I failed to fix the situation and the person I thought to be mine has deserted me.

The suffering I was experiencing was so intense. I was like a casualty in a battle, seriously wounded and only good for nothing. Little by little I came to realize that beneath the suffering, there rests my true self. I took courage to review the past. Now I know time is essential to produce real and authentic love. The shorter the courtship is, the shorter the happiness lasts.

Everybody deserves a second chance. I was given a second chance and I did it pretty well. Now that I know the science of courtship, I can bring the relationship into a most fruitful one. I was so very careful about this because I know that relationship takes time to develop. Trust develops in the right time. I was quite aware that good virtues and growing more in human love produce real love which two people can cherish not only at this present but forever.

My feelings were just as important as my love for her. When I look at myself now and looking back, I always cherish the first time I felt that love. It was full of excitement, surprises, happiness, sadness all because these feelings will take us into the next level of the relationship where we both lovingly say to one another, “I do”.

0 comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers


Recent Posts